Monday, June 3, 2013

A mishmash of Linkys!

HAHA!  I have two different drafts of posts that are saved that I never finished... Life just has a way of getting in the way of blogging... sigh!  Guess I'll start fresh.  If you've been following me for a bit, you'll know that my district is adopting Google Chromebooks next year.  A couple of teachers had them donated by a family and therefore got theirs early.  Because I got to go to an early training, one of my dear colleagues let me borrow one of hers to get the hang of it.  It's amazing how fast these kids figure out how to use technology and they teach each other faster than I can even figure it out.  So far, we haven't used it much besides visiting our favorite web-based review sites.  I'll spend the summer playing around with my own and checking out the Google Extensions (apps).  
Here is one of my sweeties working on the Chromebook.  Check out how compact it is... and SO light. My ancient laptops behind her are so slow and you know how six year olds are... they are so used to new technology being so responsive, they go click-crazy and the computer just freezes.  I'm hoping Scholastic comes out with a Storia program that can be installed on a Chromebook, though because the kids and I just love Storia.  I did call Scholastic and put in a request, not that I expect little old me to make an impact to big ole' Scholastic. Until then, they just have to rough it out on the old computers to use Storia.  

I've been reading many of your posts and links with Farley at Oh Boy, Fourth Grade and I finally figured out how to do it myself... so I'm linking up for my first time.  You can check out more Currentlys by visiting her blog.  You might just find a new blog that you'll love!



One of the posts I started was a link to Five For Friday by DoodleBugs Teaching.  I know... it's Monday... but like I said, "Life."  I just love this linky, because the point of it is to be random.  Anything goes.. So here it is!


1. Thirteen more days... woo woo!  Don't get me wrong... I do love my job, some years are better than others and this one is a good one, but I'm ready for summer vacay just like everyone else.  Just when I feel a little jealous of all of my bloggy friends who are out for summer, I remind myself that I will still be laying on the beach with a cold one in August when y'all are back in the classroom.  Don't worry I'll be sure to rub it in!  LOL!!

2.  One of the things I am most looking forward to this summer is our family trips to Sesame Place.  For anyone in other parts of the country, it is a one and only and it's our home away from home.  I feel so lucky to have such a special place literally in our backyard (I live 5 minutes from it.)  Here's a picture of my boys loving it (really they were, haha) on opening day this year.


3.  I found this great resource for explaining the parents the benefits of invented spelling at Thank God It's First Grade.  I'm definitely putting this aside for Back To School Night.  If you click the link you can download it and change it to your name.

4. Ummmm... Ryan Gosling speaking to me?... sigh!

5. I made the most delicious concoction ever for a get-together Friday Night!  It went over SO well so I had to share it with you all.  Brownie Batter Dip... I know, right?  It was TO-DIE-FOR!  You can get the recipe here... gotta love Pinterest!  


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you pop by again!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Meghan, your boys are so cute! I have two young boys too and they would love Sesame Place! So exciting to get new technology for your classroom. I can totally relate to how the kids just click and click, my third graders are super impatient too!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan- Just found your blog through the June Currently. Congratulations on 9 years of marriage!! I just finished school last Thursday!! Woohoo! Best of luck to you finishing the last few days of school. It will be here before you know it.

    Your newest follower,
    Christa
    sweetlifeofsecondgrade

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I found you through Farley's linky and omg you have me cracking up over that Ryan Gosling image haha. I'm getting a new principal next year, and I'm feeling like she might be a stickler for hanging all kinds of "I can " common core statements, etc. I also LOVE the invented spelling letter-you've got a new follower. I'm off to tackle my mound of paperwork now while watching the Bachelorette, too...seems like we're 2 peas in a pod!

    ReplyDelete