Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday Made It! (My First!!)

Hey there!  I'm so exciting to do my first link up with Tara at Fourth Grade Frolics for her Monday Make It Linky.

Let me preface this by saying I come from a family of crafters.  The women in my family paint, sew, do needlepoint, knit, crochet, and quilt... all except me!  Some how the crafty gene skipped me.  I use Modge Podge and end up looking like Ted in "Something About Mary" and on top of it my craft looks like something else that starts with cra__.  

Anyway, I did something somewhat crafty that ended up looking awesome.  Truth be told, I actually made it about a month ago, but haven't been able to link up until the stress of the end of the year ended. Shhhh! 

I had these nice generic-looking primary colored drawers.  They looked fine, but they just didn't work with my new theme, which by the way is a Jungle Theme (in case you are new to my blog).  


So, I used spray paint and duct tape and the end product looks mighty fabulous, if I do say so myself!

View from the front

View from the side

So there!  It's not fine needlework and I didn't make a quilt but, I did create something cool that I love.  

On a totally unrelated note, I just taught myself how to watermark my pictures and I realized I really need to work on the details of my button.  But, that's a project for another lazy summer day.  Thanks for stopping by.  I hope I have many more Monday Made Its, thanks to the inspiration out there in bloggy land.  




No comments:

Post a Comment