Thursday, August 1, 2013

August Currently

Hey there!  Can you believe it's August?


I know many of you are back to school or going back soon.  I still have one more month.  I'm really feeling better about my jealousy when everyone was posting in May about being on summer break when I was sweating it out for a month and a half longer.  Anyway, I'm linking up with Farley at Oh Boy, Fourth Grade for her famous linky party- Currently.  


Listening:  I LOVE the kids Jeopardy tournament.  I try to forget that I am "competing" against ten year olds... and I am kicking their butts.  Regular Jeopardy just isn't as much fun (probably because it makes me feel a little dumb, LOL).  Plus, my boys were actually playing nicely. No one was throwing or destroying lego creations... no one was wrestling... no one was making fart noises... and no one was tattling.  Sometimes I wonder how I can control 20 first graders, yet my own two monsters drive me bananas!  

Loving: I love that I still have one more month left of summer and we have time to have more adventures... still up, two weeks in the Outer Banks of NC, more day trips to the Philadelphia Zoo and Sesame Place, and a camping trip in the Pocono Mountains. Yay!

Thinking: I really need to stop staying up so late.  My little guy (3) still tends to get up early.  He just doesn't get sleeping in on summer break and the lack of sleep is starting to take its toll.  

Wanting:  I'm only a few followers short of the first big bloggy milestone- 100 followers!  Tiffany from One Fab Teacher and I are planning a joint giveaway celebration.  If you aren't following my blog or Tiffany's, join up now with Bloglovin and help us celebrate.  I'm going to be going away in a few weeks and she's going back to work and we'd love to hit this milestone before everything gets crazy!



Needing: I need to continue to purge old toys and help organize my kids new playroom.  We converted  our attic into a great playroom.  I am reclaiming my living room and getting the toys in their own room. Yay!  No more stepping on Legos or Hot Wheels cars in the middle of the night.

Back to School Must Haves: 1) I love Flair pens.  They come in great colors and they write so smoothly!  2) You can never have enough Post-Its.  I'm sure you all agree.  3) Command hooks are my favorite decorating helper.  The hold up and come off cleanly.  I just wish I didn't have to take them all down every June.  It's hard to find just the adhesives.  But I did (at Target this year), Yay!

This week I was contacted by a potential customer at TPT asking about my word wall cards for the Journeys reading program.  She asked if I would customize a set for her theme of lime green and turquoise polka dots.  So this is what I came up with...



I love how they turned out.  If anyone else uses Journeys and would like a set, let me know.  I'd be happy to personalize something for the theme of your room.  Thanks for stopping by!






No comments:

Post a Comment