Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Let's Get Acquainted!

I've been a very bad blogger the past few weeks.  I've started a bunch of posts but never finished anything.  Like everyone else, I'm in the midst of the end of the year craziness... 25 more days!  We are putting on our first grade play in two weeks and I've been busy prepping the kiddos for their stage debut!  It's always SOOOO much work but it's something the kids (and their parents) talk about for years.  I need to take some pictures and post their cuteness.  But I just never remember.  Does anyone have tips on remembering to take pictures during the day?  I get so wrapped up in teaching and monitoring and policing that I forget my camera.  Anyway... enough complaining.  

I'm linking up with LaToya at Flying into First Grade for her famous linky- Let's Get Acquainted!


Linky Questions
1.  What made you decide to become a teacher?

I've always wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember.  My mom recently retired as an elementary school teacher and used to beg her to bring anything and everything home from work so I could play school with all of my dolls and stuffed animals.  She has always been an inspiration to me professionally and it was great that our careers overlapped by 9 years so we could share ideas and experiences (good and bad).  I've been teaching in one way or another since I was 13.  I started as a swimming instructor and sunday school assistant and never doubted what my future held.  I truly LOVE my job and look forward to work (most days, wink!)

2. What has been your most rewarding experience as a teacher?

Sorry this is generic, but I think every day as a first grade teacher is the most rewarding.  I live for the moment when it hits them that they can read.  It's great to sit back and say, "Yeah, I did that... I taught another kid to read."  

3. If you were not a teacher, what would you be?

I've gotten injured at various points in my life and always thought I might enjoy being a physical or occupational therapist.  I'd still get to work with people and help them better themselves.

Well, that's all for today.  Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear about your play!! I am doing Author's Tea with my kiddos in 2 weeks too. Our theme is "rolling out the red carpet". It's so fun seeing all their gains. Bummer that you have 25 more days. I bring my camera with me almost everyday, but forget to take pictures too. I am trying to get better. I take a lot with my phone now and it instantly uploads with Google+ so that has helped.
    Sara
    First Grade Funtastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teaching them to read make for the most rewarding moments. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete