Monday, July 15, 2013

Still Finding Dirt Everywhere and Monday Made It!

Hey there!  Well, I got down and I got dirty and boy, am I glad it's over.  If you missed my previous post, I ran the Merrell Down and Dirty Mud Run in Philadelphia on Saturday.  I did this run last summer with my hubby and oldest son and decided to go for it again.  Last year, it was my first race ever and boy, did I find it challenging!! But, I had been "running" for the past year so I knew I was in better shape for this year.  And this year, I got to run with one of my good friends and former colleagues.  
My hubby and son before the 10K
Stacey and I before the 5K
Climbing the cargo nets over a tractor trailer... scary as you know what!!
That slippery wall will not get me down!

All done... we are dirty teachers!
Now it's little man's turn!  The little kiddies do a 100 yard dash with obstacles and a mud pit!
Nearing the finish with daddy!

Mission accomplished!  He beat dad to the finish line!

Every time I find myself lining up in the corrals to do another race... I think, "What am I doing?  I'm not a runner!"  But since this is my third race, I think I need to rethink that.  I don't look like a runner but I guess I am one after all!  
Now off to shower for the upteenth time.  (I'm still finding dirt... ewww... just kidding!)


Now onto my Monday Made it!  I'm linking up with Tara at Fourth Grade Frolics again for her famous linky party!  Today I took my kids to my mom's house to swim (we're having another heat wave)!  And she offered to keep them for the afternoon... ummm peace and quiet for a whole afternoon.... yes, please!  So I used this peace and quiet to do some crafting.  I made a "How do we go home Clip Chart."  I've seen these floating around for a while and have been wanting to make one.  At my school, ALL students are assigned a bus, even if they live a block away... I know... weird, but that's how it is.  So we have 6 different buses, plus the after school program, and parent pick up.  I couldn't find labels that fit my needs to I made them myself.  I'm really hoping this helps up all keep track of who's going where... when.  Lots of my kids do different things on different days of the week.  (Monday- bus, Tuesday- Parent Pick UP, Wednesday- MVP after school program, etc) so when the kids come in, they will move their clip to how they are going home.  I love the visual reminder and I think it will help out with subs and other adults that come into the room.  

I had to post a picture of my lazy assistant- Otto laying on my work


Ta-da!  A part of the finished product. It goes with the jungle theme of my new classroom.   The actual chart has three more labels for more busses but you get the idea.  Each student will have a clothes pin with their name on it to clip to the chart.  Now to check out the tons of other link ups on Monday Made It for more inspiration for next Monday!  Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment